We prioritse health and wellbeing as a core value of our company. Incorporating wellness into your daily life helps to further expand your mind, body and spirit. We've each taken our own paths to get where we are and this series is all about exploring the individuality of this journey.
Recently we caught up with Annabelle Ronnfeldt
REC GEN: Describe yourself in three words
Annabelle Ronnfeldt: Discipline, easy going, down-to-earth.
RG: What tips do you have for someone starting out on their fitness journey?
1. Start by following some sort of program/have a plan before you step foot in the gym as I know it can be very daunting stepping into a gym by yourself.
2. Try not to compare yourself to others or what you see online, everyone is different and just focus on you!
3. Remember to fuel your body properly! Eating wholefoods, eating enough and getting your micronutrients as well as your macros.
4. Find a form of movement that you actually enjoy. If running works for someone else but you don't like it, you don't have to do it! Just find something you enjoy and you will be way more likely to stick to it.
5. Try and create a routine. This might mean scheduling in your work out or doing it first thing in the morning. This will help create a habit.
RG: How do you overcome negative body image?
AR: This is a tough one. I'm sure that everyone has experienced this at some point in their life, including me! Especially in this day and age with social media, it is almost impossible not to compare yourself to people you see on the internet. But, just remember, you can eat and train exactly the same as someone, and you will still look different! Therefore, you are better just focusing on you and not getting caught up comparing yourself. Take it day by day, and do the 1% everyday and eventually it will all add up. Another thing that helped me is when I shifted my mindset to train to become stronger and fitter rather than trying to 'lose fat' or look a certain way. Whether that be trying to increase my squat or do more reps than I did last time with the same weight. This will feel so much more rewarding as well, and whatever changes to your appearance that comes (there will be) with that is a bonus!
RG: What do you love most about REC GEN?
AR: What I love about Rec Gen is that their activewear gives me the ability to train hard but also provide amazing comfort at the same time. When I wear it, I feel confident that the clothing is going to support me and is so flattering as well! The fabric is also extremely soft.
RG: Who inspires you to be the best version of yourself?
AR: There are so many amazing people around me that inspire me everyday to push harder and achieve my goals. My parents are definitely up there as they have always been so supportive and want me to find a career path that I enjoy. I have also been fortunate enough to build so many incredible friendships through the gym (Atora Training), and connect with like minded people who always want the best for me and are so supportive. The community that has formed within each of Atora's gyms is unlike anything I have been a part of and am so grateful to be a part of it.
- Tags: Wellness