REC GEN is committed to designing and producing premium quality sportswear apparel in the most ethical and sustainable way possible. Our goal is to be net-zero CO2e by 2030 - or sooner - analysing and implementing best-practice environmental solutions to all operational activities.
Our goal is to be a leader in the sustainable space, from sourcing environmentally friendly fabric to implementing non-polluting innovations, we’re committed to a zero carbon footprint, ethical transparency, positive humanitarian outcomes and corporate integrity. We’ll set local and international standards based on shared, attainable goals that produce positive outcomes for humanity and our environment. It will be challenging but the time to act is now.
We’ve adopted the United Nation’s “2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development” charter, a blueprint to achieving a better and more sustainable future for all - you can follow our progress here.
Our priorities include, but are not limited to;
• Ethical and sustainable sourcing of all fabric and materials
• Zero-use of toxic chemicals, pollutants and plastics
• Reduced water use, energy consumed and zero-CO2e
• Recycling innovations and pathway to a circular manufacturing model
• Sourcing and manufacturing transparency
• Educating our community on recycling, repairing and reuse options
• Educating our community on laundry care for garment longevity
• Internal quality standards for garment longevity
• Strict design and production quotas to reduce quantities
• Elimination of traditional sampling process, reducing quantity
• Investment in carbon credits to o set unavoidable CO2e activities